Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Windows updates
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 04:46 AM   #13
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
Agreed. I have had too many problems with automatic updates from Microsoft. So now I rarely update 7.

My computer works fine and I don't have any viruses -- or at least none that I know of.

I stay away from shady sights and never never never never never never never click on links in emails.

I updated my windows phone one time and it got bricked. I couldn't even restore it. I really liked the phone and the operating system, but after that experience I got an iphone. I've never been a big fan of apple products, but the iphone is the market leader and my kids like the iphone. It helps us as a family that we all have the same kind of phone.

That said, my wife's iphone is less than a year old and it appears to have died today. She said it was very hot when she picked it up and then it wouldn't turn on.

Update: She just got off the phone from iphone support. They told her to hold the thumb button down while pressing the start button on the side for 20 seconds. It worked. It turned back on. They said she probably missed some updates.

If a phone or computer works before updates, why do you need updates to keep it working? All we do is send texts and make phone calls. Occasionally we use our phones for the internet.

I just watched Oliver Stone's movie "Snowden" the other night. Now, the only reason I can see for updates is because they found some new way to track you better.
They need updates with new versions of iphones become available - put in a 'slow down' program so that the new version is bought.

I am pretty sure Microsoft updates made a couple of my laptops unusable.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement