Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #185
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So bottom line is, customers don't matter to the racing industry.
ALL of it is minor league.

Lots of reason why things can't be done, not hearing much of what can be done.

Other than, of course, sto playing and find other avenues of entertainment.

Of which there are many, some of which even respect their customers.

Bad timing, wrong distances, hidden informations, post time overlapping, late odds changes......make me wonder if racing is capable of doing anything correctly.

Tom

Back in the day the only players advocate in the room was me, and I was a horseman. That got me in trouble and I had to dial that back somewhat.

Without a voice, the player will be a non factor almost every time.

Hopefully the players are starting to get a voice, at least that's what I read here sometimes, but it is baby steps.

I remember being with a group of about ten people consisting of about 6 trainers, the track super, the general manager of the track and two riders trying to decide whether to run or not at Bowie on a 10 degree morning while walking the track . The jocks had virtually no say in the matter.
That was 1976. Fast forward 40 years and the jocks call ALL the shots. The trainers have no say to speak of. Why? The riders have a voice and it's the only voice when it comes to track safety.
It CAN happen, but it needs a lot more push than is currently available.

If the fans would all get up and walk out at the same time, that would be a start and probably all that would be needed moving forward but we all know that will never happen in the dog eat dog game of gambling.

By the way, we did run that day and cheap claimers were running 9 and change and better. I was 22 then and walking the track with a couple of future hall of famers and a bunch of 50 year olds and in hind sight,we never should have run. It was a terrible decision.
But the handle was up.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement