Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 11:38 PM   #55
BrentT

I race at Delta, Evd, and Fair Grounds year round.
I would never, ever, in a million years sale a horse to one of the bums from Thompsons, I don't and most owners over there don't need that 3-500 they are paying..... But some still do it, it's very sad.

Problem is: The racing commission can do nothing about it technically, if someone sales a horse to someone, then they send it to thompsons or another kill buyer the racing commissions hands are tied BECAUSE it(Horse Slaughter) is not Illegal in the U.S...... So complaining to the racing commissions is NEVER going to hel as sad as it is, you have to complain to your local congresmen/women. Perhaps we could get a big petition started and I'm sure we could get millions of signatures for it.

However I did read a good comment in this thread and I will post fliers at the tracks in Louisiana. I will post for them that want to sale to call these horse rescues first and let them buy for the same price so they can re-home these animals. I'm going to get in contact with some of the rescues to see if I can put thier info on the fliers to post at tracks and hopefully this helps.

It's very very nasty what these kill pens are doing.
They are the scum of the earth.

Is anyone interested in writing up or starting a petition that we can get signatures for to present to congress? Electronic signatures somehow as it would go viral then. I just have no idea how to do all this.
BrentT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)