Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Honor A.P.
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
clicknow

I don't get much out of workouts unless they are *really bad*.

This horse is such a looker, can he ever look bad, doing anything?

There's some things trainers do that I don't understand though. I woudn't mind chatting it out with others. For instance, the only race Tiz did bad in was at Churchill......so where does trainer have him working? At Saratoga.

I don't get these kinds of moves. We know he moves well over the surface at SAR. The Derby is at CDX.

And why is Biancone training over turf? Okay horse had a small injury, it's kinder. I understand interval training, and different surfaces, from knowing marathon runner humans.......train over sand, then on asphalt or light trails..........likie the Japan horses will do uphills on mulch-like stuff then dirt on the straight.. But turf, turf, turf and turf.......I don't get it, for a dirt race?

I just like to think about how I would train my horse and I like watching what everybody does, like Asmussen has the last workouts before a race timed IMPECCABLY, that is something he is so good at, always at exactly right amount of time before a big race. Guy knows how to schedule works, no doubt about it.

Last edited by clicknow; 08-31-2020 at 06:57 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most