Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 10:42 AM   #27
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
If Brown was upset by the ride, he is a poor handicapper.

Of course he is, he has bias. The participants like jockeys, trainers and owners should think they are best. This is why people on ESPN and such are terrible handicappers, most of them are ex jocks (players of all sports).

Trying to be neutral and realistic is huge to gamble. Trusting someone with all their hopes and dreams invested is crazy. I love it on TV, people actually believe someone that has their entire life vested on an event. What's the guy or gal supposed to say, "Oh we will lose today." And then not make an excuse after the fact? That's just life.

I try to bet everything realistically, without bias and even attempting that is really difficult. Its the cause for mistakes and bites me in the ass. The worst person to ask is usually the ones with their future on the line or their past experiences of competing clouding their judgement. Gambling is not the same as being a "player". I wouldn't ask Terry Bradshaw or Charles Barkley who to bet on in a million years. Yet, people think those guys can pick games. Same thing goes for the jocks and trainers.......90% of the time.

Last edited by burnsy; 05-20-2018 at 10:49 AM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)