Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #69
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922
Very talented deep lines on both sides of the ball are what's missing. I wish they'd get rid of the cap, get back to 6 or 8 good teams. The game has definitely changed to be more offense less defense, and I find the coaching, the calls to be horrific. Teams go on 4th and short even in their own territory all the time, and will throw on 3rd and short 4th and short even when they can run. I don't get it at all, nobody cares about field position, it meant everything back in the Parcells, Gibbs, Walsh era.
Back in the day, when you had the 86 Bears or the Steeler dynasty or the Jerry Rice 49ers in the heyday, you could count like clockwork those teams would play a top notch game. There's way more injuries these days seems like every other play someone is limping off the field, I don't remember seeing that in the glory days, guys were just tougher back then, certainly mentally tougher.

I loved the NFL back then, I don't remember thinking they needed to change anything.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)