Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 03:04 PM   #1651
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I had no financial interest in the race, but I didn't like that Monomoy Glrl DQ.

I don't want the stewards making subjective judgments like that.

Yes, Geroux purposely came in, and yes, Smith checked and decided to go outside. However, Monomy Girl was still clear at that time. That's race riding.

If you want to argue that all herding and race riding should be against the rules because it's dangerous and the best horse may not win, that's fine. I would even agree with that. But I see worse cases all the time without a DQ. It's subjective and will vary from track to track and race to race. IMO, the last thing we need in racing is stewards making more subjective decisions. For every one I agree with, there will be one terrible one I disagree with.

The drift out was also an issue, but she was under right handed whipping and there was still no contact. I see worse than that practically every single day I watch head on replays.

Even if you want to argue that margin was only a neck, what would have happened is still subjective. Monomoy Girl was still dead game and digging in. There's no way anyone can know if she would have let Midnight Bisou by.

There's no consistency and it's subjective. That's not a good place to be. That's why we get so many bad decisions. Unless there's contact or you are not clear when you come over, there should be no DQ UNTIL the rules are changed. Just change the rules if you don't want race riding.
Its funny though she just happen to not keep a straight path to the inside, right when the other horse is making her move.

Then she just happens to go 5 paths to the outside, when again the horse is making her move.

I have been the most vocal for more take downs and you wouldn't see these guys steering the horses all over the course. Its funny that the rider made it sound like the horse just did that on her own, amazing coincidence if true.

All these hearding riders that change multiple paths should come down in my book.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)