Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:31 AM   #8477
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Running out of fingers or brain cells?
I said there were no match between the historical and archaeological evidence and the supernatural events in the bible. Religion like influenza can catch on, and be spread by word of mouth. Like a hit TV quiz show. Or breakfast cereal.

However if yo really want to know, not that it will mean anything to you, when the "esoteric" center of humanity casts out a "net", their message is carefully formulated to impinge on humanity, and current cultures of the time. Of course the initial energy soon becomes distorted and corrupted by people like you confusing the inner meanings for those fictional events that are often used to point inward.

Their major tools are stirring and dramatic moving themes. Themes that reach the inner conscience and resonate within some. Same "energy" happens in the beginning of most major religions. There need not be any real events. Ideas can work wonders whether fiction or non fiction, but more so if common truths are somewhat awoken in people.

Bye bye bunky, the rest of your babbling are to dumb to respond to.

And please don't ask me about my children or try to interject your absurd reverse time theories.
Non sequitur. I'm not interested in hearing about your antisupernatural bias. I specifically want to know how the Jewish religious establishment could have possibly allowed the fake news of all the events surrounding Jesus' Passion to get out of control to their own personal detriment, specifically, and to the detriment of Judaism, generally. And even more so since the fake news would have been absolutely revolting and repulsive to them, since the Jesus sect was preaching a crucified Messiah! One would reasonably think that the great, smart intellects in the Jewish Sanhedrin wold have had their printing presses running overtime to refute that fake news. They would have been busily pointing out to the Jewish masses how the fake news didn't square at all with the sacred Hebrew scriptures (OT). After all, Jewish scribes certainly had the wherewithal to know how to make thousands of copies of NT manuscripts! Yet, we don't find so much as one ancient Jewish rebuttal or refutation to the fake news of the unlearned, uneducated, unrefined Jesus sect? Seriously? They just let this rag-tag bunch of Jesus freaks steam-roll over the leadership and dupe the unwary masses?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)