Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 11:29 AM   #16
sour grapes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
We don't know each other well enough to speak on the phone or meet personally, but you can include me in with your five friends. This is most definitely my very last Saratoga, and it has nothing to do with winning or not. So far, I'm behind my Spa record of the last few years but I'm still ahead at the moment.

I am sour over the game and the sport's direction plain and simple. The size of my wallet has absolutely nothing to do with this angst. The game simply sucks, especially day-to-day racing. And the broadcasts have become nothing but shill TV and a cheap hustle.

The broadcasting itself at TVG is a joke and while the NYRA show on FS 2 is still very good, there's not enough trainers or riders on talking racing. There's too many owners on who only seem to go on there to talk about a great 'team' they have and how much they just love Saratoga.

Maybe Maggie could ask any one of these frauds if they are for or against the higher takeout at Keeneland from here on in. Yeah right. This takeout raise could truly be the clarion call where long time players finally say, 'that's it, enough already'.
these frauds are keeping the game alive,this is very high risk investing and without them the game is gone.You are right about increasing takeout is not the way to go but than kentucky has never been bettor friendly and has become pretty much a non entity except for the derby and a couple of weeks in the fall and spring at keeneland.NYRA seems to understand whats going on and has been a big success compared to kentucky and california.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)