Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Liberal Corner
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 12:21 PM   #297
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
OK, so if violent crime has been FALLING since about the time I graduated high school, WHY have schools become more and more like PRISONS since the time I graduated high school?

GUNS are NOT new inventions over the last 2-3 decades...

It's NOT the guns. It's society itself.
Yes crime is at a low point in many countries. One theory is inhalation of lead, both paints and more specifically leaded gasoline increased crime. And then the removal of leaded gasoline lowered. A distinct time lag of young children growing with lead accumulating until into their adolescence where chemical defects in the brain erupt in violent behavior..

I said the love of guns and gun culture impact boys and young men and warp many who are susceptible to acting out being tough and hostile.We have a shit load of American cultural "models" all melodramatic. From cowboys to war tales to Dirty Harry crime epics. So it's not the necessarily the amount of violence per se, but young males attempting to emulate violent role models all packing. A more subtle influence than the graphics and blood and gore of films, video games and tv shows. Our heroes doing good violently or our hero seeking revenge violently overshadow the visual blood fest of say a vampire apocalypse.

Last edited by hcap; 02-23-2018 at 12:22 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)