Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 06:38 PM   #48
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Vic is the man!

The 8 would have likely won, had he broke from the gate.

9 was a closer who needed the pace to fall apart, but you never know...

5 had the 3rd highest TimeformUS early pace number. Last race he quit after a hot pace (a collapsing pace where the 12 Apollo made a premature move, and 15 Francois lumped up to win).
However, the 5 wasn't fast enough on paper to win this or survive the expected pace. His only positive was working through his conditions, but that comes with tougher competition.
using 2 singles and 'ALL' in the last race could be accomplished for around $150 or so. Even with hindsight, not sure if that was a smart ticket to add to your plays.

Had the 8 won, I'm pretty sure my ticket would not have returned the 1,200 that it cost.
It's a little bit of a mental barrier to get over, but you do still have to 'emphasize' the public's singles and re-punch a ticket or 3 with your selections and their singles. It's already an expensive ticket, so you get some cognitive dissonance there. I have a better feel for it now. Hopefully don't forget before the next 4M carryover.
The P5 was paying $340 for 50 cents with the 8. The winner of the 7th paid 11 so probably would have paid somewhere between $800 and $1600. I would have gladly taken.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)