Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: HUMOR
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #655
Grits

True story. Hours ago.

This morning, my son, Bj, and I go out for late breakfast. He's been home since last weekend. We're having breakfast, and its all good. A woman walks in with a takeout plate in hand. "I want to see the manager. Right now." (I believe she was hoping to charm a male, instead, the manager on duty was a female.)

"How can I help you?", the manager asked.

"I want my $10. back! I came in yesterday morning. That girl over there waited on me. My eggs was overcooked, my ham was tough, and my biscuit was burnt on the bottom. You can have these damn hash browns back. I couldn't eat them at all. .... (That's what was left, gentlemen, the hash browns, but she wanted her $10 back.)

"I'm sorry, but you should have called, or checked your takeout before leaving, we would have been glad to replace your meal. But, we can't give you a refund today. Not 24 hours later. Too, why did you eat the food if it was so poorly cooked?"

"I din't; I give it to grandaddy's dog."

"Again, I'm sorry. We can't help you."

Things escalated, the woman started yelling, flailing her leftover hashbrowns, still in the box. Got out her cellphone and threaten to call the police." --"I ain't having this s***, you goin' give me back my money."

The young lady that had waited on her yesterday was waiting on us. She was a good server, sweet as she could be...(so I thought.) All at once, she walked over to the woman, mad as fire. Told her, "you come in here a day later wanting a refund? Get outta here"!!

The woman went postal, telling the server, "Don't you be like.. gettin' all BIPOLAR on me, girl. I take care o' your skinny @$$ right now. You? You, nice yesterday!"

All this time, other diners are watching, dumbfounded. Too, I'm getting nervous--watching the confrontation and Bj's eyes are getting big as saucers. My son's not used to such tawdry displays. Not at all. "Mom??"

The manager stepped in, "Please, you're upsetting my patrons. Let's step outside." With this, somehow, all was finally settled. But. No money changed hands and the police never showed. Unfortunate scene, such bad form.

The most hilarious part of this, I kid you not. The woman came in marked--crazy as a rat in a coffee can. Yet, she was serious--or expected to be taken as such. She was wearing Raybans (that she finally removed), jeans, a pea coat, unlaced combat boots, and a big camo green hat with fuzzy ear flaps, fuzzy bill turned up, and ties just swinging with her rage. The same style Randy Quaid wore in Christmas Vacation"!!

Gentlemen, after it was over, I laughed 'til I had tears in my eyes. Everyone laughed.

Lord, the things you see in a Waffle House!! If you've never been in one, you've missed some real Americana. And some even better laughs.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)