Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 11:04 AM   #8
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
In the New Orleans. I'm going with the 4 Captivating Moon.
Looks like Captivating Moon is going in the Turf stakes instead.

The lack of pace in this race is glaring. Roadster might be the most likely early leader coming out of sprints and it looks like he has been training fast. Don't like the more than a year lay off, but has ran good races off the bench. Also been training at FG for around 3 months or so with a string of nice works. I assume Stidham has had him since the first of the year.

Geroux will probably try to keep Owendale connected to the early pace like Maxfield in the Mineshaft.
Looks like Stewart has targeted this race for Chess Chief and he should be closer to the leader or on the lead himself and I might land there for the win.

Always have liked this race, used to run it at a mile and a quarter. I was at the 1984 edition when Wild Again nipped Explosive Bid at the wire, same year WA won the inaugural BC Classic. Jimmy the Greek was there doing a show for maybe CBS on that race, I remember he did not pick Wild Again who was around 10-1. I had it, probably why I remember it so well, but it was a great race too.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most