Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

New Orleans Classic - Gr2

Has Owendale finally found a field he can beat? He just never seems to get by, losing ground in the last 1/8 more times than not. Once again, he looks like a major player (and probable ML favorite). Will likely improve 2nd off the shelf, but I will take my chances against a win at low odds.

The other contenders:

Roadster - off for a year and now gone from the Baffert barn. Might be the speed as this race lacks any true E types. Not sure what to do with this guy.

Sonneman - a bit of a hnager in his own right, he seems to prefer 2nd place to winning. Still, a consistent runner and had a good 2nd behind Maxfield last out. Can be right there.

Chess Chief - good horse & based on his FG form, he has a shot. Cross out all races at other tracks. Can easily hit the board.

Enforceable - another pretty good runner who also loves FG, but he just hasn't gotten any better than his 3yr old form. Back class; faced the best of his generation in the Blue Grass & Kentucky Derby and didn't run too badly either time. Another who can get a piece.

Olliemyboy - how about this guy? The 'now' horse. Two consecutive wins with a strong late run in each. Steps into the big leagues, but there are no killers in this field...lightly raced, seems to be improving, razor sharp, he can get a big piece at a good price. Irad up is always a plus. My key runner.

Who ya' got?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most