Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #107
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
I think you don’t have strong opinions and like to cover all bases because you don’t like being wrong and have a hard time admitting when you are. You’re basically saying, regardless of how Princess Noor’s career shakes out, you are right.

The probabilities in horse racing aren't like a coin flip or roll of the dice. IMO, there is no definite right or wrong answer like getting 6/5 on a coin flip. That's true even after you know the result.

No matter what happens with PN I will never know who was right about the probabilities in her specific case. I have an opinion, may make another bet, and the result will prove nothing to me personally.

You are 100% right I don't have strong opinions very often. For me, it's a constant struggle to determine if I'm getting a square price. I'm always struggling with conflicting information and insights and how to weigh them. That's why I make so few bets. I prefer when the odds are screaming.

But again, when a race is over, I still don't know whether I was right or wrong regardless of the outcome, the trip got etc..

The only time I know anything is at the end of the year when I check my balance and see if did a good enough job overall of getting those probabilities right.

If you'd like to see a list of some of my most embarrassing losers to show I don't mind, I'd be glad to provide it but it will be my longest post ever.

We can start with my key bet in the Classic being trying to get By Standards into my tickets at 16-1. But I can do MUCH BETTER.

How how selling my Fender Telecaster for $200 (worth about $2000 now) to finance a $200 win bet on Capote in the Ky Derby. It doesn't get worse than that level of stupidity. It's impossible.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most