Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:10 AM   #4
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
The names usually get shortened around the barn, if they can be shortened. Normandy Beach is probably Normandy or even Norm.

It can be hard to name the horses because of availability. Most short one or two word great names are already taken (at least until the annual release of names). I always wanted to name a horse Godspeed, but it's permanently unavailable.

I hardly ever worry with trying a combination of the sire and dam's names, though occasionally a dam comes along with a name that can inspire names for the offspring. The best I've heard lately is the first offspring out of Egg Drop who is getting close to debuting. His name? Scrambled.
That's pretty funny..! There are probably lot's of good "Egg Drop" names...like maybe "Humpty Dumpty"...but that's probably already been hatched...

How about "Hesagoodegg" or "Ilikeminefried"...or "TheEggMan'sMyPa"...sorry, there's just something humorous about EggNamesForHorses...I could go on...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement