Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #2282
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
And to think there are clowns out there that question the bona fides of one Ivar Giaever, a legitimate person of Physics/Science and education... and a real Nobel Laureate!
As I said, you can pretty much find a Nobel Laureate to support any position you want. Old academic saying: for every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD. If Nobel Laureate in one of the sciences (not an Al Gore Nobel) was the be all and end all of credibility for anything else, including the earth sciences, there are dozens of such Nobel winners who would refute Giaever. The clear point about Giaever was by his own words he didn't know anything about climate change until he spent half a day googling. People who have spent a career researching a particular topic are expected by the torches and pitchforks crowd to yield to a guy who looked up climate change on the internet for half a day, ostensibly because it's a big conspiracy and four hours of googling proves that.

If you don't understand the science, it's easy to come to a false conclusion. If you don't believe that, read boxcar's treatises on the laws of the universe. For whatever reason you don't want to believe it, and finding someone with a credential to back that up is the Holy Grail of the climate conspiracy folks. As I said, the data will never be perfect enough to convince those who clearly don't have an open mind, either side.

I don't know what in your experience you know a lot about, but if someone came up to you and said, your lifetime of experience has been trumped by my half a day of research on the internet, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say, you got me.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.