Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Monmouth Park
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 12:33 AM   #104
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
You might make the case that the whip rule cost NY Traffic in the Salvatore Mile yesterday.
NYT turned for home and instantly started lollygagging around.
Paco Lopez did everything he could trying to get NYT to eyeball the horses nearest him........but Informative snuck on by on the inside.
Respectfully, I have to disagree. At the 1/8 pole Lopez allowed NYT's head to be cocked right, looking towards the stand. He should have been on his left rein much sooner. It wasn't until Lopez saw Informative coming on the inside that he straightened out NYT, whereby NYT tried to re-engage Informative. But by that time, it was too late and Informative held sway.

I thought Ferrer rode a fabulous race. Informative closed up in his last race and ran a competitive number. The race set up for him nicely. I don't think Lopez rode a bad race, apart from his lapse of focus around the 1/8th pole.

Perhaps, NYT is the type of horse that needs to be waited with and produced late. Proof of that is NYT's race in the Matt Winn at CD (23May20). BTW, in that race, just before the 1/8th pole, Lopez hit NYT twice left-handed causing NYT to veer 4 paths to the right.

One thing is for sure, hitting NYT was not going to make him run faster or stay focused. He's already proven that.

Last edited by Scanman; 06-14-2021 at 12:36 AM.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.