Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: W O W ! ! ! !
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #251
MargieRose

Reading through this thread, I see that many are mostly very impressed with how well Arrogate ultimately ran his race, after that difficult and unfortunate start. Although, doesn't he start off most of his races somewhat slowly, anyway?

Of course, Arrogate ran a great race (so did Gun Runner), but had any jockey other than Mike Smith been riding him in the DWC, I believe he would have lost. Yep, Zenyatta taught him well!

However, has everyone forgotten that CA Chrome won last year's DWC while running almost the whole distance with a saddle that was almost ready to drop off of his butt? He ran quite wide, as well. And, to his credit, Victor Espinoza maintained exemplary control of the whole situation throughout the race with, I imagine, little or no experience riding with a grossly slipped saddle.

Last year CA Chrome won the same race, but with a much more impressive win, IMO. That saddle slip presented an obviously dangerous and much more tense ride to the amazing win. Didn't he also break the track record that year, albeit it's only been a dirt track for a few years? Pure CLASS...both horse and jockey.

And, since Zenyatta has been mentioned in this thread, it is my opinion that her 2010 come-from-farrrrrrrrrr-behind with just-a-nose-loss BCC far surpasses what Arrogate accomplished in the DWC.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.