Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #15
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
If you dont believe your son should be part of it then why are you in it? I believe its a way to bond with the son, I didnt have that.
It's funny because I learned the game from being around others starting around the age 15 when once or twice a summer my family would meet other family and friends at the track for a nice day and betting. I loved it so much that I took it on and self directed my learning, and now I go with my dad to the BC every year, and we have a great time but I'm the main handicapper.

I think the difference is that we're huge sports fans overall and this is just a great game to be involved with on the big events of the year --- Triple Crown, Travers, BC, etc. We'll go and bet full cards of racing together about 5 times a year. I get excited every time when I get a good card I can play the multi-race wagers in. My father loves living it with me, and picking his own, since he follows it but didn't ever delve as deep as I have.

It's funny how things turn around as you get older, and provide an inverse, but near identical example of the bonding. I would tell a child of mine, at age, how to approach the game and if he loved it, great, he'd come back for more. Odds are given genes, it'd happen. Which then would require an entire conversation about sports and gambling.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement