Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 12:49 AM   #13
RaceTrackDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postime
I go back a few years with the Meadows and I don't think things are so gloom and doom. Actually they look assume starting with the 1st race Saturday featuring the World Champion Foiled Again in town.
I remember before slots when the biggest purse for the week was $6,500 and
you know Ron Burke was racing then.
If Mom and Pop can't compete on the big track they should consider trying the county fairs or go over to the Meadowlands they don't have slots and always need horse's to fill the box.
You can't have it both ways folks.
I grew up there from the age of 16,from Adios events starting with Albatross to Cams Card Shark as an employee. Fan from then on to 2009 with 2008 being held at Pokie.

I just used the Invitational as all others increased or decreased the same percentage.

In 2006 (before the slots money went into purses as they were building the temporary slot tent), Invites were 12k.

In 2010, with the slots running almost 5 years, Invites paid $27,500 for all gaits and sexes.

The year the ran the table games (yr eludes me but guessing the next yr of 2011) Invites dropped to $22k

Think most invites today (those without 9 horses) are going for $20 grand.

Not a growth of harness racing when the Meadows is raking it in, slots over $100 million a yr (last time I checked, 2008) has to be at least that if not more. Table games do not go into the purse account.

Would love to go back to those $1,250 bottom claimers racing for $600 purses in 1971 when owner, trainer and driver was the same person.
RaceTrackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)