Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #15
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
The late Jess Jackson felt exactly this way, HATED the synths(plastics, as he called them).....His powerful influence was one of the major factors leading to the abolishing of synths at major tracks.
I'm sorry to hear that as I was an admirer of the man ran when he was running Rachel Alexandra. One trainer who I lost a lot of respect for for a number of reasons was Nick Zito who was a vocal opponent of the AW surfaces since he felt they were unnatural. I guess he was unaware that horses evolved over millions of years to run on grass and its the dirt surfaces, that bear no resemblance to the native Earth they replace that are unnatural. He actually said that AW tracks are unnatural because they are not mentioned in the Bible. I was not aware that Zito was Amish and couldn't drive a car or use electrical appliances since they are also are not not mentioned in the Bible. A hypocrite.
I heard that he was so superstitious that when topping off his car with gas the pump showed 13 gallons. His superstition caused him to dangerously pour out an extra gallon of gas on the ground so he wouldn't have the 13th gal in his tank. The worst story of all is that he got Jeremy Rose to take off of the horses trained by the trainer of Afleet Alex (the man who put him on the map) at the last minute to ride Zito's mounts as he and the kid thought it would help the young riders' career - leaving the trainer in the lurch.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most