Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #19
pandy

I bought an Amazon Firestick last week, mainly to watch TVG in high def. Not all of the tracks are in high def, just the ones that broadcasts in high definition, but, still, the picture quality is much better than TVG broadcasts on my RCN cable.

But I found out that the Firestick is worth the $37.99 I paid for it. I have Amazon Prime and Music and with the Firestick I can listen to Amazon Music through the Firestick (as opposed to the Echo) and the sound quality is much better since the Echo connects to my receiver with a 3.5mm audio cable...The firestick is HDMI. And now when I listen to a song through Amazon Music, it shows the lyrics, karaoke-style, on my TV screen.

As for the other shows that I watch, for some reason, my Rokio has a better overall picture quality than the Firestick, so right now I'm only using Firestick for TVG and Music. However, with Firestick, I can also use KODI, a streaming ap that has a lot of files on it, but I downloaded it and haven't learned out how to use it yet, it's a bit complicated.

Overall, the Firestick was well worth it if you have Amazon Prime Music, or want to see the races in HIGH DEF and don't want to wait for TVG to get hooked up with Rokio.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)