Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 02:03 AM   #63
ElKabong

get every book on physicality you can get your hands on. Trillis Parker had a good one, but it would be tough to find.

The days of a "very good" handicapper making a consistent annual profit today are almost gone using traditional handicapping methods. It won't get any easier. You need an edge, physicality gives you that.

Requires a LOT of patience. If you bet one track each day you may get three or four bets a week, total. Any more than that, you will lose your ass. Keep bets to three or fewer per week using solid win bets on good looking horses that tower over the field physically and are contenders, you'll turn a profit.. Period. Please be warned, read this paragraph closely.

My advice to a young handicapper for books.

Steve davidowitz book, betting thoroughbreds (fundamentals)
Steve collison's The Claining Game (racing is a business, not a series of math quizzes. Lot of hyperbole in the book, just ignore it )
Trillis Parker, Horses Talk

Trillis Parker had a good video out, again it may be hard to find. I actually liked it better than the Joe takach videos (which were ok). I'd start right there.

Last edited by ElKabong; 10-06-2018 at 02:07 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)