Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 09:11 AM   #49
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Then why not have accurate timing and distances? Why should it be off in some cases and just plain false in others. Whats the reason?
I long ago learned to not take work times as gospel. I know of too many instances of inaccuracies, and not usually for nefarious purposes. And yes, there are known times where clockers weren't on thee up and up, including wanting to keep info to themselves for betting purposes.

I have no idea what the problems are with timing at GP. I assume someone has asked, so what was the answer? CJ could certainly call and ask. But I'm sure they're not deliberately messing up the times to mess up speed figures to supposedly raise prices on horses and make handicappers happy. Clearly they're not happy, right?

Though it's a good point that the wealth of info at handicappers' fingertips have driven down prices.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement