Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #499
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
Something here is very strange - don't believe there was any rain in the area of Gulfstream for awhile before their opening day, and considering the course had several weeks to rest it looked in nice shape & to my eye horses were getting over it smoothly. If the distances & times check out on your end, what can possibly account for such ridiculously slow times? Towards the end of the last GP meet the course was putting up usual times. Did someone forget to mow the grass when everyone was at GP West?
Probably the strangest thing I've seen with regards to race times. I can't figure it out. Trainers and jockeys were saying there was no way the course was firm, but even so, the times are so slow they defy belief. I don't know what you can do to a course to slow it down that much other than just flooding it with water or not cutting the grass for a long time. It didn't look overly wet or anything.

What I did was check the races this weekend against about a dozen replays on the same course and distance. If the times are wrong, they are all wrong. The time gap between the races this weekend and the races from June and July match the posted times.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement