Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The Derby
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #15
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesome View Post
Something I've been thinking is what has been the worst prep for a normal derby over the last 20 years? The Wood Memorial easily, even the polytrack Blue Grass has thrown more ITM Derby finishers I believe.

So now we have a horse who has prepped solely in NY and the other thing that caught my eye is those who ran against him and finished way up the track seemed to run tops on bris figures even when out of it (saw this a lot in Wood Memorial figures).

The only difference is what appeared to be a great Travers, so conflicted.
That’s the thing. Yeah, those preps you mentioned have come up weak recently but there’s no mystery about the distance. The Fla Derby has been huge though. He made them look stupid in the Travers. There were a couple good horses in there and they weren’t in the same zip code. You mix him in with some prices and if he has bad racing luck and comes in second ....... it will be a nice payday. It’s like people forget that anything can happen in any horse race. Just last year was one of the wackiest results ever in the history of the Derby. And I have my doubts about the second and third choices after seeing that Travers. I don’t know if Authentic will get the distance and Honor AP is good enough. I’ll be using with prices.

Last edited by burnsy; 09-02-2020 at 12:30 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)