Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 09:04 PM   #5
GMB@BP

1/15/18 Smarty Jones Stakes, 8.0F, Oaklawn

DRF Chart - http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20180115&RN=8

Timeform Figures 1/4-94 1/2-92 3/4-107 Final Fig-122

Analysis - Mourinho: A interesting contrast with McKinzie. The race had coded blue figures and a very solid final time with a 122. Pace adjusted the figure was only 116 due to the very soft front end trip. While I viewed McKinzie in a positive light I have to be negative about this son of Super Saver. This feels like a very brilliant middle distance sprinter who was well spotted by top connections. Its amazing to me how many times these socal speed horses who ship into the midwest tracks and enjoy front end wins. There is almost no scenario that I will bet this horse next out and he almost guarantees value if you are against him next race. Dynamite race, solid horse, just feel like he is limited moving forward.

Combatant: I am not sure what to think of him off this. He saved all the ground and then got outpaced on the turn, but it may be a case that with a little bit of help to set a legit pace that he has more finish. That being said I am skeptical, I fee his races have been so so and don't see any wow to him. He is likely to take good money off this effort and not sure there is any real reason to bet him in the next race in the series.

Tap Daddy: unless the distance really helps him this race exposed a lack of talent.

Just to note I dont have the pp's for this race and going off memory of these horses. I have less faith in my opinion of this race other than the winner.

Race Replay

Attached Images
File Type: png smartyjones.png (64.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by cj; 02-01-2018 at 11:58 AM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)