Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #38
how cliche
How Cliche

here's a hand from the most recent live game i played. feels like i misplayed this one.

you start w 10k. i kept accumulating a stack, but would get bad beat to knock me below chip average. kept on like that. build-bad beat-build again.

at 1k/2k/300a me and bb both have about 80k. there's 9 left. we're in the money and are co chip leaders. it folds to me on the button. holding ace 8 off i open to 5k. bb defends. 13,700 to the flop.

flop comes 4AJ all hearts of which i have none. bb leads 4k. feels like a blocking bet. probably has a worse pair and a flush draw. i can raise, but i'm only getting called by better or hands with a ton of equity. i call. 21,700 to the turn.

turn is my gin card. an offsuit 8.(4AJ8, three hearts). bb leads with another blocking bet of 7k. I call. 35,700 to the river.

river is 9 of hearts. (4AJ89, four hearts). bb checks. i check. he turns over 77 with the 7 of hearts to win.

i feel like the best line was to shove the turn. he maybe calls, gets there and i'm out, but it was the optimal play and i did it wrong. this game had glorious results for how cliche, but the process in this hand was flawed imo.
how cliche is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)