Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 10:54 PM   #51
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by equusvates View Post
Dave I’m sure you don’t remember me but I had a conversation with you years ago about the two bell curves I saw in viewing msw performances at the early part of the year and the later part of the year. You clearly explain better horses at the beginning of the year and less capable horses later. I used your pars for years and now created my own pace numbers which is the bedrock of my program. Your short video on early / late is spot on.

I already submitted a request to Equibase for giving out post processed data.

As for my a.I. technique I use likelihood ratios, Monte Carlo simulation, clips rules engine and linear genetic programming.I think neural networks are ultimately the best technique but the data requirements is enormous and CPU power as stated before is Hugh. Without heavy prepossessing, neural networks are doomed. I mean raw data even after normalization requires millions of races to minimize the inherent volatility in the data.

Thanks again for your past help.
I recall the conversation.
Reach out and I'll help if I can.

Meanwhile, about 8 months ago I finished an AI system that could best be described as a DEEP LEARNING, CONVOLUTIONAL GENETIC ALGORITHM, with TOPOLOGICAL DATA ANALYSIS.

Just days away from first demonstrations.
This weekend, I hope.

Note that it is all pre-trained - comes with no database and does not need one. The user has all that he needs on day one.

Although it could be used as a black box, that was not my intention.

Instead, it will allow the player to expand his current information loop. You know... that part about how we all use the same data?

I guarantee the whales won't have this stuff, and if they did, it wouldn't fit their approach.

It is highly situational.

Whales are expert at handicapping HORSES. The deTerminator handicaps RACES.

That's a world of difference.

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.