Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #7514
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
The following is my proof of reincarnation which dispels the false notion of living ONLY this one life.

This life is given to us. Our consciousness/spirit had to exist BEFORE our bodies existed.

If our consciousness/spirit did not exist before we received our bodies, that would mean we are purely biological creatures as the Atheists say. In that case, when we die, that's it. Because the physical body cannot create the spiritual soul.

Only if we come into our bodies from the spiritual would it mean there is an a soul in our bodies that we brought into it since the body cannot produce it.

So if you believe we have souls or spirits then they existed before our physical bodies existed otherwise you are attributing supernatural power to our bodies ability to create souls.

God said "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb.

This is a testament to our souls infinite existence and our souls oneness with God.
You cannot reason your way through the scriptures with your canal mind to prove your pet Buddhist doctrines, as though those doctrines are in the bible. The text to which you allude to in small part reads in full:

Jer 1:5
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

NIV

How dishonest of you to omit the full passage, especially part B where is in boldface.

All this passage is teaching is that by God's sovereign decree, He determined that Jeremiah would come into this world for the purpose of being God's prophet to the nations. All part A of the text is teaching is that God's eternal decrees are so certain to come to pass, Jeremiah's birth was a fait accompli; therefore, in this sense God "knew" Jeremiah because in God's mind in eternity, Jeremiah's birth, for all practical intent and purposes, had already taken place. In fact, there are many prophecies in scripture that are spoken of in the past tense, as if they had already been fulfilled, to drive home the same point of absolute certainty of the fulfillment of the decrees and prophecies of an all-powerful sovereign God.

Lam 3:37
37 Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass,
Unless the Lord has commanded it?

NASB

Further, you would need to reconcile your "best friend's" words that clearly refute your interpretation of the above passage.

Heb 9:27
27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
NASB

After David's infant died, as God's punishment for David's great sins, this is what the king wrote:

2 Sam 12:23
23 "But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me."
NASB

David had no thoughts about either him or his infant son returning to this earth. His son was in Sheol which was also David's immediate destination upon his death.

Luke 23:42-43
42 And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" 43 And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."
NASB

Jesus knew nothing of any reincarnation either. He didn't tell thief to not sweat it because he's going to get another whack at life here on earth. Not at all! He, too, told the thief that he would be with him in Paradise (a NT term for OT Sheol for saints). (No saint preceded Christ in heaven before he bodily ascended to his throne.)

Jesus teaching about his Second Coming and the judgment upon all mankind that would ensue said:

Matt 25:46
46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
NASB

Eternal life for his disciples and eternal punishment for the wicked. Again, Jesus knew nothing about any reincarnation mumbo jumbo.

Reincarnation is another of your favorite Buddhist doctrines that you try to import into the bible -- but all in vain. For this Buddhist teaching of a 1,001 chances at life, is opposed to the entire tenor of scripture.

The only thing you have provided us with more concrete proof of is that you're not a true believer in Jesus because you cannot believe what he says in his Word. And the bible is HIS Word. So much so, Jesus himself carries the very name!

Rev 19:13
13 And He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood; and His name is called The Word of God.
NASB

It's not possible to be a "believer in" Jesus and simultaneously not believe a word he has inspired his prophets and apostles to write in the Word of God. Your faith is as fake as the political news on very much of the lamestream media.

Wake up, O Sleeper, while it's still Day, for the Night is rapidly approaching... for you!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)