Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #36
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I have argued this with you so many times, but you continue with this false belief. Given you believe this, why not raise takeout? Why only 15% to 20%, why not 30 to 40%. The Whales and those eligible are going to get their money back with rebates and since recreational players don't care, why stop at such paltry takeouts. Go for the gusto, it's just entertainment after all.

By the way how can you possibly get bored in this game. There is a race going off somewhere every 5 to 7 minutes for about 10 hours a day. The fastest handicapper in the world cannot keep up with it. Truth is that for most the ability to try to win over time is an act of futility and over time they realize that
and leave the game.
We have not argued this point. Perhaps defining terms would help. In my view there are professional players, serious players and recreational players. For the most part people on this forum fall into the serious player category.

If a takeout increase only affected the recreational player then it probably could be done. I doubt that many recreational players could tell you what the takeout rate is or even how the pari-mutuel system works.

You speak from your standpoint and not that of a recreational player. My comments pertained to recreational players at the racetrack. With 30 minutes between races they have little interest in taking a deep dive into the DRF and then the action lasts all of 1-2 minutes. Who could possibly get bored?

Contrast horse betting with sports betting. Everybody has an opinion on the probable outcome of a game. All they need to do is bring their opinions with
them to a sports book. Long losing streaks happen but they are rare because there are only 2 ways to bet, for or against, A or B. With horses it might be 1 through 12. Recreational players lose because it is a hard game.
To suggest that the whales are somehow chasing them away is nonsense.
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)