Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 03:06 PM   #8804
Light
Veteran

Boxcar

So you are saying in effect, that God is by far the biggest mass murderer that ever existed on this planet. Those who do not believe in him will be thrown into the "lake of fire" forever while the "chosen ones" will dance with joy.

I don't know anyone who wants to follow a God that goes against every iota of what "good" is and would commit the greatest sin ever making all the mass murderers that ever existed combined, look little league. God would be committing the greatest of sins ever while your Bible keeps scaring you from committing one. A God who disobeys his own 10 commandments and his own sons decree of loving your enemies and neighbors.

You only know about God from what you read. The people who committed the recent mass shootings also read things and what they read caused them to believe they are justified in their mass killings. We are all outraged. But here you are justifying similar mass killings times a billion that God will destroy.

IMO, Actor who I believe is an Atheist or Agnostic, is closer to God than you who claim to be a "chosen one". That's because Actor does not have a "concept" of who and what God is. He just says he does not exist or prove it. You on the other hand have defined a God that's basically horrendous and fits the profile of a demon, not a loving God with your concept of the "elect". Satan also operates with his "elect". By saying God has an "elect" you would lower God's powers to those of Satan. Satan cannot love unconditionally. If your God cannot love unconditionally then he does not have love because true love is unconditional. Then he is no different than Satan.

Although I believe in God, i never really KNEW God till I had a personal experience with God a few years ago. Since then I have experienced his love a handful of times that is beyond anything in the Bible or this planet. I love God more than anything and anyone. I could never say that before I had my experience and it blows my mind every time I say that because I never imagined I would ever feel that way. My approach to God was intellectual like yours but with different criteria. And my love for God is not because of something I read but because it is from a real experience with God. A few seconds of God's love trumps everything in the Bible that says he has "favorites" or is not universal or requires anything from you. He accepts you as you are.

Jesus responded to a question about being thrown into the "lake of fire" according to the Bible by a person who had an NDE. Jesus said, "would a parent throw their kid into a lake of fire? Think how much more God loves you than your parents".

This is one example of why i don't take the Bible literally.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)