Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 12:19 AM   #8791
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I already proved that "all" or "whole world" can be used in the limited sense in scripture.
You never proved it one iota.

Quote:
Furthermore, there is not one text in all scripture that says that Jesus died for each and every person in the world.. You're reading that into passages.
On the contrary, when the words "all" or "whole world" is redefined by you, it is you who are reading a whole new meaning into it. You claim to take the the Bible as the literal word of God , but clearly you don't. Yes I understand context, but you don't.

Nobody talks like you say. If someone says "I love the whole world", it means just that. There is no context to it.

If on the other hand someone says "I love my world", then there is clearly context that it does not mean the whole world.

The word "my" is a reflexive pronoun which refers back to the person who is talking. The word "the" does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Isa 49:5-6

5 And now the LORD says —
he who formed me in the womb to be his servant
to bring Jacob back to him
and gather Israel to himself,
for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD
and my God has been my strength —
6 he says:
"It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."

NIV

The text above does not say that God's Messiah would bring salvation to each and every person on the earth.
It also does NOT say he would NOT bring salvation to all. That's you reading into it. It certainly saying he will try to bring salvation to all. ("salvation to the ends of the earth")

Quote:
But on top of all this, you have two insurmountable problems to overcome to prove your heresy of universalism.

[1. God is a COVENANT God.. But Jesus didn't make that New Covenant with each and every person in world -- he made that covenant with his disciples at that Supper, and by extension all the Gentile sheep that the Jewish believers would bring into the [covenant]sheepfold (read John 10 the Good Shepherd Discourse). Therefore, God never made a universal redemptive covenant with the entire world. His covenant is only with his chosen people, i.e. the elect.
You need to remember who came up with the idea that the Jews are Gods chosen ones. Drum roll:The Jews. Wow, who knew the authors of Judaism would declare they are the apple of God's eye. Such humility.

They wrote that for their own people. They declared themselves God's elect to give their race hope and strength. But that is THEIR invention, not God's.

And these chosen (elect) ones did not keep God's covenant. When the Temple was destroyed in 70AD, that was the end of their belief in Jesus as the son of God. They thought he was going to come down and destroy the Roman army who was oppressing them. Instead they were crushed by the Romans and that's why till this day they reject Jesus Christ as the Messiah.So who is your elect now?

So are you saying, the Jews,his elect, who reject Jesus as the true Messiah are the ones that will be saved because they declared they are his elect even though they don't follow him? Sorry not possible. Jesus says all that believe in me are his elect. They Jews don't believe he is the true Messiah.

While all the billions of Gentiles who do believe in Jesus and follow Jesus now will just be trashed because it does not say they are his elect in the Bible?

My point is to show how utterly stupid this concept of the elect is. The elect reject him but they are saved while the gentiles believe in him but are trashed. An absolute joke.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)