Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #4820
Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Floyd, I don't like to box more than 2 in an exacta. If I have 3 I like to key 1 to other 2. Any thoughts on picking a key horse from he 3?
I'm still working on that. Seems like every time I key a horse another one beats it! I'm keeping careful records, but I think I'm outsmarting myself most of the time on this stuff. Every time I hit on a profitable method it works great, until it doesn't. For about 8 months I was on a roll with $.50 pick threes, picking the right races to play and getting some nice hits. Then it just dried up. Over time the payouts decreased to the point where I'd still maintain my hit rate but consistently lose money.
Now it's exactas. Minimal actual handicapping, fairly consistent profitability over time, but I know it's going to change and I'll have to find another angle.
But hey, if it was just "Push a couple buttons and cash in" all the time it wouldn't be near as much fun.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)