Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 07:09 AM   #3448
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Look, I own a business. I was open up until are clown Mayor(Garcetti) announced that all non essential businesses must close. Our Governor followed up with a state mandate. I wasn't doing great, but it was just me, and at least the 10 to 15 or so people that bought something daily helped me pay bills. The number of people that enter my store on a daily basis is surpassed by Target in about 1 minute-so Social Distancing is not an issue. But they are "essential" and my business is not, so I have to close. Maybe at this point I would be doing virtually no business and would have shut down myself, anyway. I just want to live in a country where I have that choice. Up until 2020, I did. Now I have no idea where I live, but I don't like it. Personal freedom and liberty is a very serious subject. In the narrative of saving lives we have stomped on these values that has always been who we are. I don't know if there is any going back. This precedent is bad, no matter how you look at it. Somewhere down the line when are freedoms are gone we will look back at these days and wonder how we let them slip away. Hopefully, this is an overreaction, but I am not so sure.

I repeat, the cure at this point does seem a lot worse than the disease. JMO

sharp post...

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)