Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 10:58 AM   #34
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPRanger View Post
Is that how you do it?
I don't make class ratings per se, but I use purse to guide me. I prefer to see how the horse fits the conditions rather than actual class. Like MSW winners - can go to Alw nw1, str allw, or claimers. Before the break and purse cuts, starter allowances for 25000,40000, and 50000 all had purses of $55K while nwi had a purse of $66K.

So all the str alw races had the same purses, but large difference in the claiming prices referenced in the conditions. And the nw1 were better race than all of them.

NW! horses are more likely to move ahead to nw2, nw3, stks.....while the str horses are more likely to take advantage of the slower horses while they can before dropping into claimers. Generally speaking of course.

I also use the par for the race. nw1 par is 92, str 500000 is only around 80. nw1 horse who do not win but run Beyers in the low- to mid 80s can be dropping when entered in to a str 50, even superior, but they might look not so good because of poorer finishes.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)