Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #11
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
He who bets last gets fixed odds. It's a fair assumption that such an advantage does have a price tag hanging off of it as virtually nobody in business leaves any money on the table these days. Lovers of the game have to make a decision to either keep betting straight into the teeth of that, try to buy into it yourself, or stay out altogether until something changes.

There are always low percentage horizontals, but no matter how good you are it's going to come down to an awful lot of luck. Half that stuff you'd need to live three lifetimes before you knew you really beat it.
While your point is valid in theory, they actually don't make the wagering decisions any later than we do. Remember, there is still a human being hitting the bet button.

They're sending their bets in as horses are loading the gate. That is exactly when you and I can send ours in.

Their info does not update THAT fast.

The difference is that they are able to send MORE BETS than we can in that same period of time.

However, I do not send in so many wagers that I NEED the extra time, and I assume that to be true for most of us.

BTW, in my own play, I upload the bets way early but do not fire them until the 1st horse is in the gate.

The REAL BOTTLENECK is video lag.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)