Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 04:45 AM   #71
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Checked into that and ironically cocaine when injected wears off rapidly in about an hour. Guess that's why people use their noses instead.

I worked at a 2nd tier aerospace defense contractor in the mid 80's, for a non union shop they paid pretty well. There were just two shifts so overtime was readily available. A lot of people did amphetamines, methamphetamine and cocaine to stay juiced to work the hours. I was oblivious to what was going on until I went to a Saturday night poker game. My coworkers used to make fun of me because by the usual half day Saturday shift I was worn out. Most were 10-15 years older than me as I was mid 20's, they ate junk food and had pot bellies, I ate tuna straight from the can, boiled chicken, fresh fruit, etc,etc, and worked out 6 days a week. My only vice was drinking a six pack of beer a day. The guys made fun of me because they had more energy than me at the end of a long week and I tried living a healthy life style and they did not, other than the beer of course.

I went to a poker game and they decided they were no longer going to hide the drug use from me. They explained all about how long ex drug last, the cost, etc,etc. From what I was told is cocaine snorted pretty much lasts the same time as injected or smoked, it is a different high. Shooting up gets a quicker higher, high, but a harder crash, snorting is more level. Of course that was from drugs 40 years ago, maybe today's are different.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.