Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #204
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Racing is dysfunctional because it has no central organization. It could do much better than it does, I'll give you that. I too am often frustrated.

But here's where you get me - thinking that you should have a "voice." You do have a voice, and it's the very same one that every consumer of every product has. You can buy or not buy the product. Thinking you're different, that you're the "lifeblood"...... you think that the consumers of hamburgers at McDonald's aren't their "lifeblood"? Or the customers of a movie theatre or an antique store aren't their "lifeblood?"

Handicappers are the consumers or customers of a product. That's it. You're no different than every other consumer or customer of every product made and service offered.
The horseplayer isn't like the "McDonald's customer"...or the shopper in a "antique store". The horseplayer isn't "buying" ANYTHING...he is supplying the "liquidity" in the trading of a "commodity" where large amounts of money change hands.

In essense...horse racing is like a trading exchange...and the horseplayers are the independent traders...who supply the liquidity that makes the entire operation a viable business venture. This is GAMBLING, sir...it isn't "running a McDonald's".

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-10-2017 at 04:53 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom