Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Dave, try this.

A few nights ago a guy walked into our business in a dirty t shirt, barefoot and looking pretty rough. He asked to speak to a manager. I had already spotted him getting out of a car out front. He was dropped off by another younger guy.

He started telling me a story about how him and his wife are starving to death and they were in a hotel a few miles away. He wanted us to feed him and his wife, son in law and daughter. I asked him to go outside with me. I walked up on the car he had come in and asked the driver, the son in law, what their story was

He started talking and I immediately noticed the smell of alcohol, and of course the 12 pack of beer laying in the floor of the backseat. It was cold and wrapped in a plastic bag full of ice.

I asked who paid for the beer and the first guy suddenly came to life and told me to f-off and re entered the car and as they drove away I could see a couple meth-crack style pipes laying in the floor with the beer. You see, they were choosing what to spend their money on. And live in a crappy hotel. It’s the same scenario with 90% of the homeless. They make a choice.

Btw, for the record I hire several people a year that are referred to me by the State and county who are trying to get back on their feet from some terrible event in their life. I have about a 70% success rate with these folks. It can be very rewarding when they go out and get an apartment, a car etc. most are very appreciative. That other 30% almost always chooses drugs or alcohol over the straight life.

I write letters to apartment managers and banks almost every month. Many start out living in hotels and riding the bus, bike or just plain walking to work.

Then their are others that come in and steal from me or other employees..........that’s another post.........
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)