Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Backyard Patio
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 02:59 AM   #39
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Very sorry to hear that. At 66 my golf game has dropped off a bit, but in the gym I am stronger than ever. When I follow much younger beastly dudes onto an apparatus, I rarely need to reduce the weight.

Since it was sunny and 65 here today, I spurned Mahoning and hit the links with two pals. Let's just say pars and birdies were scarce, but my day got a lot better when I came off the course and pulled up race results. Having prepared last night in plans of wagering today, I can say for certain that I saved money by hitting the links.

Very impressive! I was just hoping to keep my strength into my late 40's
I only made it to 38. After a bad weight lifting accident put me out of commission for two years at 18 I never even got close to the 18 year old me.
I always wanted to bench 400 again, after 18 I could never get past 395. At 18 I put up 470, clean no drugs. Not bad for someone who weighed 215-220.
I did partake in some weight lifting contests. That 470# only got 4th place in a SoCal event for college students. I did put up 3 wheels as in 315# in the seated military lift and got a first place medal. Unfortunately I pitched that medal into a field when I hurt my back and could not lift or play college football any more. I even took a baseball bat to a bowling trophy I won.

Since athletic achievements took so much work for me as I definitely was not a natural, I was really proud of the ones I had. On the other hand the academic ones did not mean spit to me. My aunt called me and congratulated me that I was in the LA Times for being a straight A student, for the whole year. I was like who cares, I made the wall in the weight room for my lifts.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom