Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Contest sites
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:17 AM   #53
Si2see

Like normal I am taking off from breeders cup until gulfstream opening weekend.

I am going to play the $87 Horse Player World Series qualifier once a week from Dec 2nd until the Tournament in March.

My ultimate goal is to win 3 entries. ( Truthfully the hardest part about it is winning the 1st one )

Winning Entry 1. I will play, I will also go and play even if I don't qualify because by March I will desperately need a vacation

Winning Entry 2. I will cash in for the $1500, that would allow the ENTIRE trip to be paid for

Winning Entry 3. I would play this as my second entry in the contest.

Last year I won 2 of the 3 I was trying for but decided to play both. I was pretty cold over the two days and finished midpack or worse with both. In 2015 I believe it was, my best finish at the world series 29th place. The funny story about that is I was actually in 11th going into the final day, but being a younger guy alive for a LIFE CHANGING amount of money, I didn't sleep all night and made terrible decisions the next day in the tournament.

I have learned from that mistake and my best advice ( one I took to heart at the sam's town tournament in 2016 when I had both entries in the top 30 going into the final day and finished 5th overall ) is if you are in contention, don't overload the handicapping, and don't stay up partying all night, what you need to do is go walk the strip, your hotel, or wherever you prefer for a few hours then call it a night, you will sleep all through the night and wake up fresh

Good luck everyone, keep firing, If this thread is still going I will post my results each week.

Jason
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement