Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Stimulus
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 01:24 PM   #167
Secretariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Big majority of the House voted to increase checks to $2000.
POTUS in favor of it.
Majority of the Senate is in favor of it.
62% of Americans want it.

But apparently, we are no longer in America.
The clear will of the people and their elected representatives is suppressed by one man, Das Fuhrer Mitch.

And President Donald Himmler is doing nothing but trying to get Georgia vote. Screw us, Himmy, right?

Stop the insanity. Stop Mitch. And send Trump packing.

GOP is a disgrace to America.
Trump is a disgraces to our species.

VOTE DEMOCRAT IN GEORGIA
Tom,

We never agree, but on the idea that one person can just stop legislation w/o a vote has always bothered me. Even the President only has a veto that can still be overridden, BUT the senate majority leader can stop any legislation he/she wants w/o a vote.

Frankly, I think a constitutional amendment is in order that no one can stop an up or down vote on a bill that has been passed by a majority of the House of Representatives.

I don't care if the House is Dem or Repub or the Senate is Dem or Repub or the majority leader is Dem or Repub. One person should not have the power to decide which bill he or she likes and is the only decider on what to bring to the floor of the Senate. It's wrong that one Senator can prohibit the free choice of every other Senator.

This has always bugged me, and it will never change in the Senate because the party in power in the Senate will never change the rules to disadvantage itself. A constitutional amendment is the only way.

But it will never happen. We're stuck in this cycle of ruling party over and over.

Rant over. We agree on this point.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)