Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 07:51 AM   #20
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I just question the composition of his "character"...which allowed him to get addicted to drinking in the first place.
I don't believe mental illness is a weakness of character. It's an illness, like any other illness, except not physical.

As for "getting addicted in the first place", there are more than enough studies on people who did a drug ONE TIME, and were immediately addicted. It's a brain thing or something.

Many people coming out of bad surgeries, who stay even an extra week or 2 on
pain killers often end up "addicted". That is a verifiable and repeatable medical fact, and has to do with someone's biology.

Of course if you believe in science, which I do, science is evidence-based, and repeatable. That's what makes it science.

I am sorry about your wife, and I do understand the torture you speak of, as my SIL has been fighting cancer for quite a long time.

Her situation made me aware that having your health is *everything*. I have never put anything above that, not money or anything else. When you're "there" like your wife was, and you as well as her spouse and caregiver, you understand that. Most people kinda don't because they have not stood on the precipice, at the very edge. When and if they do, everything else fades away as rather unimportant.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-30-2020 at 08:01 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)