Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #7
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

scheduled for 9/12

first, this is a nonsense fight so why am I posting this?
because I expect it's an easy way to get +EV on a bet on Jones

Tyson is but a shadow of what he once was

Tyson is a name and I expect him to be way overbet
this morning, I checked betonline.ag and they had Jones at +140

the grapevine says that the lines are all over the place so by line shopping you could possibly even get a much better price on Jones

from an article 2 days ago about Tyson:

"After getting knocked out at age 35 by Lennox Lewis in a final bid for a title in 2002, Tyson went back into the ring three more times. He beat Clifford Etienne before being knocked out by Danny Williams and quitting in the middle of a fight against Kevin McBride. “If this does not convince the public that Tyson is washed up, perhaps nothing will,” The Times wrote under the headline “Tyson Quits Fight and May Quit Boxing Next.”'

about Roy Jones Jr. as an older fighter:

"On December 30, 2017, Jones announced that he would return to the Bay Center in Pensacola, Florida to headline the Island Fights 46 on February 8, 2018. Jones had previously headlined Island Fights, which is a show that included both boxing and MMA bouts. Speaking of the event, Jones said, "My last day at the Bay. It's my last one for the bayfront ... Civic Center, Pensacola, Bayfront Arena, whatever you want to call it. So if you want to come to see my last day in Pensacola, be there February 8. That's my last one there." He stated it would be his final fight. Jones announced Scott Sigmon (30-11-1, 16 KOs) as his opponent for the 10 round bout.[145] Jones ended his boxing career defeating Sigmon via a one-sided 10 round unanimous decision, also winning the vacant World Boxing Union cruiserweight title in the process. All three judges scored the fight 98-92 in favour of Jones. Jones started off the better boxer landed upper cuts and hooks and remained in control throughout the fight. Jones landed an uppercut in round 5 which knocked Sigmon's mouthpiece out. In round 6, Sigmon began throwing more punches, although they were weak combinations easily blocked by Jones. Jones was also able to counter most of the shots Sigmon threw."'

Sorry but this doesn't exactly look like a "shadow" of his former self.

If you research plenty of the vids out there on BOTH men, RJJ is the one who looks to be well past his glory days. In my opinion, RJJ best be careful. Mike is looking like a "switch" is turned on when the gloves go on.

Both are very competitive! I could see a few "sparing" punches early, then, someone taking offense to a punch. Roy could get seriously hurt here....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.

Last edited by newtothegame; 08-05-2020 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Forgot video
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)