Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #54
CincyHorseplayer

If you never like a horse at all then I guess you can proceed that way.No value for me equals no bet.If there is a horse in a race that you cannot turn your head away from and in fact love it to death you have to act if the odds are there.And I already know you have that horse and my opinion handicapped as being 8/5 or less.I read your blog.Those are the horses you fall onto.Not me.if you start taking the value suggestions into the realm of betting races and horses you might grade at a C level or worse because over the course of betting 2-5 thousand races a year the percentages will produce a profit,you are going to make a lot of people losers immediately that can't be available for those percentages to kick in.My average win mutuel last year was 4-1 at a 30% clip so I don't see how what I am doing is wrong at all.All due respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Cincy,

With all due respect, I would say that this is the absolute worst way to decide whether or not one should play a particular race or horse.

Value is not something that can be determined before knowing the final odds.

I realize that you will feel differently, and I am not saying that you cannot possibly succeed doing it this way. I am saying that anyone looking for advice on how to play should absolutely NOT take this approach.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)