Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

On the surface of what you have posted I would tend to think that something isn't quite right, but then I don't use Dave's pars. Maybe Dave should be the one to ask about these par differentials. It seems unlikely, IMO, that the class differentials would be the same amount at different distances.

Maybe the point of the pars is not just the final times, but rather the pace that was encountered in order to run those final times. You mentioned that the splits' differentials were not the same, so that tells me that those splits are the key to the par figures.

I have often said that class could be expressed through faster fractionals while attaining the same final time. Some players wonder how a horse that has run faster final times gets beat by a horse that has run slower final times, and the answer obviously is in how those final times were accomplished.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)