Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: NFL,2018
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #155
pandy

More Bad Time Clock Managing

It amazes me how many times you see teams make poor time management decisions in the NFL. Last night I needed the Vikings to win outright to win a money line parlay, and I needed them to cover to win a teaser. I won both bets but they put the game in jeopardy with bad clock management.

With 5:30 left and a ten point lead, they recovered a botched fumble on the Packer's twenty yard line. Easy play calling, you run three times and if you don't get a first down, you kick a field goal. The Packers had already used two time outs. But instead, on second down, Cousins tries throws an incomplete pass, which stops the clock, then he drops back to pass again, but scrambles, and now it's 4th and 2, and instead of kicking an easy field goal to go up 13 points, they throw another incomplete pass and give the ball back to the Packers and the great Aaron Rogers.

The Packers, of course, march down the field quickly and score a field goal, then try an onside kick. If they had recovered the onside kick, they could have tied the game!

If the Vikings had simply run three plays and then kicked a field goal, they have a 13 point lead instead of 10, take another minute and a half off the clock and force the Packers to score two TDs with less than four minutes left in the game. Instead, they gave the Packers more time, and took three easy points off the scoreboard. Sometimes you wonder how coaches that make so much money can make such terrible decisions.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)