Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 02:12 AM   #1080
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post

And by the way, just for your info: The Trinity is intimated in Ex 3:14. Note how many times "I AM" is spoken by God:

Ex 3:14
14 And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
NASB

Also, I AM is God's name. I AM is not what God is, but as the passage says above WHO God is.
"I am" is NOT God's name. The opposite is true. God is saying that you cannot name or define him. Here's why.

Normally after someone says "I am" there is a blank to be filled in. Instead God repeats the "I am" part. God is saying his being is an infinite loop that has no definition because he does not complete the sentence with this or that, but adds the same words again, (I am), meaning "Being". As a literal translator of the Bible you don't understand this and naively say his name is "I am".

FYI there are many "I am" meditations in many practices. You prematurely condemned me to hell for assuming I didn't know what "I am" is. You are so late to the party. I've not only known what "I am" is for years, but meditate on it too. Do you see what a complete fool you look like to me? It is you who does not understand what "I am" means, but I won't condemn you to hell. What for? That would be so egotistic and anti God.

An "I am meditation" is a "mantra" form of meditation. In an "I am meditation"you don't fill in the blank just like God did not define himself in order to not identify with anything that the mind will create to take you away from your essence which also has no name. The mantra of "I am" is repeated and one is to pay attention to the stillness that the mantra begins to unfold within you. This is practicing what God said when he said "Be still and know I am God". You can only know God through the same essence that is the God within you.

Notice God also did NOT say "I am the Trinity". God is saying he is one with all.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.